Friday, October 9, 2009

Asher Ray
October 9th, 2008
11:29 am
8lbs. 6 oz.
1 year later . . .
Asher woke this morning to a room full of suprises. A singing balloon, LOTS of wrapped gifts and his favorite toy of all - His very 1st CAR SHOP!
Anything that fit down that slide . . . went down it, time and time again.
Thanks Mimi - Asher LOVES this toy!
After dressing for the day, taking a nap and eating lunch; Asher went to COOKIE CUTTERS and received his 1st official haircut.
While sitting in a blue car with a horn that REALLY worked and watching a Baby Eienstein DVD . . . Asher's baby hair was precisely taken off. It made me feel as if Asher was loosing a part of his babyhood, but he looked SO handsome once he was all finished.

The tiny infant I held in my arms for many hours a day
is now a little boy ready to explore this world!
Mimi and I decided that it was the perfect day to take Asher to go see the witches at Gardner Village. I was especially excited, because just a year before, I had been there walking around trying to get that sweet baby inside of me to come out! :)
The best part . . . IT WORKED!

The weather was absolutely beautiful. Although it was quite busy, it was a fun activity to do for Asher's 1st birthday.

Mimi is the GREATEST grandmother any little child could ask for. It was so fun to be able to spend time with her on Asher's Special Day. We are so grateful for the love she has shown to us these past few months especially.

He was feeling ALL GROWN UP!
(Never knew sitting on a bail of hay could have this effect on anyone!)

Asher really enjoyed seeing all the funny witch displays, being outside and spending time with Mommy and Mimi.
Asher did have a little mishap on his BIG day. The past few days, he has been feeling under the weather with symptoms including: Waking in the middle of the night, more fussy than normal, loss of appetite and throwing up.
Sadly, the only symptom that affected him today was . . . THROWING UP!
While sitting down at a table in the Fashion Place Mall, I fed Asher his food and within moments, he had thrown up everywhere. I then realized at that exact moment that once you are a mom, there aren't a lot of things in life that will embarass you anymore. Cause there are just some things that are out of your control. After finding the cleaning team to help mop up the floor and taking Asher into the bathroom to wipe off his face and clothing . . . we continued on as if nothing had happened! :)

We went to Build-A-Bear and let Asher make the CUTEST monkey stuffed animal, whose arm, when pushed, makes the noise of a real monkey. He loved pushing the buttton to help fill the stuffed animal with badding and enjoyed giving "CHUNKY THE MONKEY"his first bath!
He was a little shy while being sung Happy Birthday at the store, but was so happy to have his new little friend sitting by his side.

Papa met up with us a little later and we all enjoyed celebrating ASHER's 1st BIRTHDAY!
But no 1st birthday could be complete without one last stop . . .
CHUCKIE CHEESE!
Asher LOVED all of the rides except for one. Possibly because it was a little too bumpy of a ride for a one year old! Sorry Asher - but it was sure cute to watch your facial expressions as you experienced each ride for the first time.

Asher,
So many "firsts" have happened this year . . . and today we celebrated your FIRST birthday. I feel as if you are just growing in front of my eyes. Although it is a sad thing, I am SO happy for this stage in your life. Every stage has been memorable and I hold those memories close to my heart. But I love seeing you learn and develop.
You are such a sweet boy with a very tender heart. Thank you for always reminding me what is MOST important in life. Although our current situation isn't what I dreamt for you nor me, I promise to be the BEST mother. One thing has remained constant in my life since you entered the world just one year ago today - I love you SO much and am SO grateful Heavenly Father sent you to me!
Happy 1st Birthday!!!
Love,
MOMMY

9 comments:

Tahnee said...

He is such a cute boy! Hope he had a great birthday! You look so pretty in that picture Linds! Hope all is well! :)

Ash & Paul said...

Oh my, Asher is getting to be SO big! he is so cute Linds!

the militonis said...

he is adorable linds! i hope everything is okay with you?!

the militonis said...

he is adorable linds! i hope everything is okay with you?!

Aubrey said...

Cute post. He's grown so much in the last couple months! I'd love to hook up sometime. Looks like you're doing well. :)

the militonis said...

This is Toni (ozuna) Kiersten was on your blog so I peeked at it, your son is so beautiful! I can't believe he is one..but I really want to be on your blog list haha can you add me? its tonimilitoni@live.com

Ashley and Cody said...

Asher is so adorable and you are such a great mom to him. He is lucky to have you and it is fun to keep up with you on your blog. Your parents look great and I'm sure they are such great grandparents. Good luck with everything and hang in there. Our thoughts and prayers are with you. Love you lots!! Tell your family hello.

the militonis said...

linds you are such a great mother and i am glad that you are still enjoying the little things! love you!

Jobi Niu said...

AWww. what a sweet post! He's not spoiled ONE BIT!! ha ha I LOVE his haircut.. lil STUD! SO freakin cute!
HAPPY BE-LATED BIRTHDAY ASHER!!