Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Mommy and Me - (June 15 - June 25)

June 15th - June25th, Asher and I attended "Mommy and Me" swimming lessons at the American Fork Recreation Center. While the first day was little overwhelming with thousands of people running around, having to wear 2 diapers and a messy RIGHT BEFORE we stepped into the water . . . we really enjoyed the classes.

I knew that Asher was a natural in the water from the time he got to take his first bath. He seemed to enjoy the water so much! Well . . . nothing has changed. He's my little fish who was able to learn such skills as:
  • Float on his Tummy
  • Float and KICK on his Back - He was the BEST in his class
  • Scoop "Ice Cream Cones" with his hands
  • Get dunked in the water
  • Hold onto the wall (All by himself)
  • Crawl in the shallow end
All in all . . . it was a SUCCESS! I believe that Asher was at a great age to be introduced to these skills that he will continue to master as the years go by. The only problem, he was a little confused why the classes were SO short. He didn't want to get out of the water!

8 comments:

Tahnee said...

Oh my gosh how cute!!!!!! Looks like fun!!

the militonis said...

oh he looks so cute!i cant believe how big he is!

Aubrey said...

He is adorable! Those classes look like a blast. Maybe he'll be an Olympian swimming one day...

Jobi Niu said...

How fun! I should have done that with my boys. HE is SO SO CUTE!! MY gosh. I'm glad you updated girl. :]

Anonymous said...

That is so fun. I want to do that next summer with Jersey.

jayni & ben said...

Soooo cute!!! He is getting big.

Emily Wilde said...

Hey Lindsey, Blake says he sees you quite a bit in the halls at UVU, that is great that you went back! I know it's so hard with a baby, Jenny would love to but with 2 kids it''s such a challenge. So that is great you are trying! I hope it's going well for you! Hopefully we get to see you soon at the next Kester Party! =) Take care-

Anonymous said...

I just got a new email address that I use for blogger. Will you change my email so I will still be able to view your blog. (if you ever start updating again!) My new one is LindsaySmith75@gmail. Thanks so much! I hope your doing good. It was fun seeing you a couple weeks ago!