Thursday, May 21, 2009

Eye Catcher

Last Friday, my mom and I went to the mall.
As we walked in the doors by Gymboree at the University Mall, I notice a young woman walking towards us. She smiles, and says, "Your little boy is just darling. Would you mind if we took him into Kiddie Kandids and took a couple of shots of him . . . and then you can choose your favorite and we will give you a FREE 5x7 portrait.

In the back of my mind . . . I'm thinking . . . Marketing Scheme!

But then, there is a part of me thinking . . . why not . . . he is 7 months now, it would be a good time to get some pictures of my little monkey!

I tell her upfront, once we are inside Kiddie Kandids, that I don't want this to take longer than 15 to 20 minutes. She quickly does a few cute poses with him. And he was such a good sport, even though he was EXHAUSTED and wouldn't take a nap.

After about 15 minutes. . . she walked us over to a computer, showed us a few of the shots she had taken, and asked me which one I would like printed. I was torn between them all . . . cause he's just so stinkin PRECIOUS!

But I finally chose this one:

I wanted a close up on his face and look at how CUTE those little chubby hands are!
Although, this isn't his BIG smile, I think his face is just so sweet and pure.

And it all . . . really was FREE!

7 comments:

Karen said...

Good choice, Lindsay. His eyes absolutely sparkle and I love his little hands. He's one cute boy!

Esther Noelle said...

Ahhh I love it! What a cutie! And how fun to get a free photo shoot and picture!

jayni & ben said...

I agree. Good choice. He is soo cute in all those though.

Angie said...

How Fun! I love the one with the trains!

Jen said...

What a fun experience! Those are some adorable pictures.

Aubrey said...

I don't know how I would have chosen — they're all so cute!

kaleigh said...

Just wanted to say Lindsay that I love reading your blog, it's always so cute. Your son is adorable, what a handsome little boy.