Thursday, May 14, 2009

Lots to Celebrate

May 9th, 2009 meant a lot of things to me!
First off . . . It was our FIRST Anniversary

I can still remember every detail of my beautiful wedding on May 9, 2008.
It's one of those things that every little girl dreams of . . . and mine became a reality!
(Thanks MOM and DAD - It was breathtaking!)
In the last year, a LOT has happened!

And we're grateful for our loving families for supporting us through it all!

Secondly, Asher turned 7 Months old!

I can't believe how fast time flies by when you are having fun!
And with Asher . . . we have LOTS of fun!
He is such a sweet boy who loves to:
  • Smile
  • Laugh at Mommy, constantly!
  • Go on Walks
  • SWIM!
  • Watch Baby Einstein DVD's
  • Eat
Mimi gave him this funny bib for his 7 month celebration!
It fits him perfectly . . . our little CHUNKY MONKEY!

And last, but not least. . .
I celebrated my FIRST Mother's Day!

My Mom and I went and got Pedicures early on Saturday morning, we then went out to lunch and did a little bit of shopping. But when I went back to their house to drop off Asher, so that Jeremy and I could go celebrate our Anniversary, I was surprised to see a beautifully wrapped gift. Inside was this . . .

The MOST amazing picture of CHRIST. I have wanted this picture for months now, and my mom bought it for not only as an Anniversary gift for both Jeremy and I, but also to remind me that the Lord is mindful of me . . . as a Mother!

My mom is so thoughtful! While Jeremy and I were out, she thought it would be fun for them to paint Asher's little hands, and place them on a piece of paper for me to document his handprints at 7 months, and my first Mother's Day.

The only problem . . . Asher wasn't so sure about paint on his hands. After the first hand, on the right, he didn't want anything to do with the left!

I love my MOM so much!
She means everything to me. She is my best friend, my confident and role model. I know in Heaven, I chose her as my Mother!

She has taught me some of the most important lessons in my life. She's picked me up when I felt like I couldn't do it myself, she makes joyous occasions far more sweeter, just cause she shares them with me!

Not only is she beautiful on the outside, but she is stunning on the inside. I sometimes think her heart is made of pure gold . . . cause she's always thinking of sweet things to do for anyone and everyone!

Mom, I am so lucky to have you!
I love you!

5 comments:

jayni & ben said...

You are so sweet. What a wonderful post. Your baby is getting sooo old. My goodness.

Ash & Paul said...

well happy anniversary :) I hope it was a good one. and happy first mothers day too! :) Love all the pictures. it was fun to see your wedding pictures, you look gorgeous!

Karen said...

I keep thinking about how hard we worked in our yard last year to get it ready for the wedding compared to this year and how we worried so much about the weather. So glad it turned out as nice as it did.

NAT said...

I remember coming to your wedding reception. You looked gorgeous! Happy Anniversary & Mother's Day! I'm glad you had a good one.

You do have a pretty great Mom. That's because she's part of the "Smith" family. :)

Aubrey said...

You were a stunning bride. Just beautiful. And I love what you wrote about your mom. My mom is an amazing strength to me as well. And now we can be that to our own children. :)