Thursday, April 9, 2009

How time flies . . .

Asher Ray Spence
October 9th, 2008
11:29 am
8 lbs. 6 oz.
20 inches

6 months ago today. . .
Jeremy and I, waited anxiously together as my contractions grew closer together with much more intensity.

As I began to push . . . I remembered depending on the Lord to help me through my labor, but more importantly, bless me as a mother.

I am sure Jeremy was overwhelmed by the amount of love he felt for this MIGHTY Miracle.

And NOTHING could have prepared us for the amount of gratitude we have to our Heavenly Father for sending us this BEAUTIFUL bundle of joy.

Today . . . I wanted to express our appreciation, by sharing some of my favorite photos of Asher through the months.

1/2 month old
When I look at this picture, I remember so fondly the first thoughts that entered my mind as I embraced my child for the first time. I was AMAZED at how precisely perfect his EARS were.
FUNNY . . . I know.
But he is truly a MIRACLE!
Each and every detail is so intricate.

1 month old
I remember taking this picture to document his 1st day wearing size 0-3 month clothing. It was a sad moment when I washed all of his newborn outfits, folded them and tucked them away.

2 months old
If his face doesn't say it all . . . his hat does! So darn cute! He is such a GOOD baby to let me play "dress up" with. There have been days that I have put him in 3 different outfits. . . just to see how cute they are on him!

3 months old
Mimi was SO excited to get Asher this "Johnny Jump." She couldn't wait to put him in it.
How sweet and tender is the pure and innocent face?

4 months old
I know . . . You are probably saying to yourself, "I can't believe she took a picture of him crying SO hard."
But I had to.
I had to document his nightly routine of being so tired and just wanting to eat and be put to sleep. He definitely knows his schedule!


5 months old
My little man has SO much personality. He knows what he wants . . . and he knows how to get it! But with dimples that deep and a smile that cute . . . I give in each and EVERY time!

Now today, as I think about how fast time has gone . . . I begin to get a little teary-eyed.

Nothing could have prepared me for the love I have in my heart for this sweet child. He is a perfect spirit sent to us from a loving Heavenly Father, who has entrusted us to raise him well, so that he can return to live with him again.

Each and everyday . . . I try my hardest to teach him the things that he needs to know. And although I am not perfect at it . . . I try to practice patience.
:) (Even when he is screaming at me!) :)

So to celebrate this monumental day . . . I decided instead of a cake . . . I would give him a doughnut he could dig into.

I don't think he knew what was on his tray. . .
But when he figured it out . . .

He dug right in with BOTH hands!

I am so grateful for the past 6 months. I have learned so much about myself, my beautiful child and also about my Savior, Jesus Christ. He has been there for me in the middle of the night, he has heard my prayers and has comforted me when I feel weak and unable.

I look forward to what the next 6 months brings!

Happy 6th Month BIRTHDAY Asher!
We love you so much!

3 comments:

Tahnee said...

OH my goodness!! He is sooo adorable!! It is so crazy how time flies!! That will be a bitter sweet feeling, when I have my own baby! Its amazing to see them grow up and change! But sad, because they grow up so fast!! Well all your pictures are so stinkin' cute!!

Aubrey said...

Wow, that is so touching. It just about brought tears to my eyes. Aren't babies a miracle? I can't believe how fulfilling motherhood is. You're a great inspiration. Love you lots!

andrew and brittani said...

Hi Linds. I often look at your blog through my sisters and I think your baby is really cute! I am so happy to see that you are enjoying him so much. You are a cute little mommy.

Brittani (Ballantyne) Dibb