Monday, April 13, 2009

Peter . . . Peter . . . Cottontail!

Hopping down the Bunny trail . . . The Easter Bunny made it to our home, and boy did he leave some fun surprises!

Asher woke to see a bunch of presents laying out for him to open.

We quickly learned that the only gift we should give Asher from now on is . . . TISSUE PAPER! He loved to crinkle it in between he chubby little fingers and squish it!

Asher was very spoiled this year from the Easter Bunny. But I think the Bunny has started shopping earlier in the year, looking for the BEST sale prices and getting things that Asher both needs and wants!

Asher LOVES this new toy that he got.
It is a ball that lights up, sings and moves all on its own!
At first, I think he was a little skeptical about this "thing" that was moving by itself. But . . . The Easter Bunny bought it with the hope that Asher will learn to CRAWL after the ball!
(I think it's gonna work . . . He just needs to learn how to get up on those knees!)

We were able to spend the morning as a family, eating DELICIOUS cinnamon strudel muffins, watching Asher's new DVD and of course . . . getting ready for church!

Here are both of the men in my life . . . looking HANDSOME as ever!

Timer set . . . Run . . . SMILE!
(It was our first time using the timer on our camera!)

Sometimes . . . I just want to SQUEEZE him!

After Church, we were so lucky to go to Mimi's and Papa's home and enjoy a nice Easter dinner with my brother, Skyler, and also my grandparents.

My Grandma and Grandpa were both POSITIVE that Asher looks just like Jeremy!
But I could swear . . . He looks a LOT like ME!
(Especially when I was a baby!)
What do you think?

We made Asher stay in his church clothes . . . just so Mimi could see how stinkin cute he looked in his "old man" hat!

And finally . . . Mimi and Papa didn't let us down . . .

No . . . they gave Jeremy and I a YUMMY Easter basket filled with LOTS of delicious candy and a surprise . . . money!

And gave Asher a HUGE assortment of books, toys, bubbles, a pinwheel and the cutest duck basket . . .

That Papa put on his head!

All in all . . . We enjoyed the BEAUTIFUL day with each other and our family! But most importantly, we celebrated the atonement and resurrection of our Savior and Redeemer, Jesus Christ. How blessed we are, to know that we too, will once again be resurrected from the grave and live!

From our home to yours . . . May the Lord bless you today, tomorrow and always.
Happy Easter 2009!

7 comments:

Julie Pia said...

Looks like you guys had a great Easter. Asher's little outfit was darling. Happy Easter!

Karen said...

You're right, the two men in your life are very handsome! Love Asher's outfit. He's looking so grown up. Glad you had a good day.

jayni & ben said...

He is getting so big. He does look handsome in his outfit. haha. I want your dress. It is soooooo cute!!

.:.Queen B..:. said...

LoL the first thing I thought when I saw Asher's picture was that he TOTALLY looks like your husband!!! LoL But of course He Does have a little Lindsay in him lol He's so cute!

Anonymous said...

Lindsay! Thanks for your blog address! Your little Asher is so dang cute... He has sure grown since I last saw him at healeys party!

NAT said...

You have such a beautiful little family! Thanks for your comment on my blog. Keep aiming for that temple goal. It took us a while (for personal reasons), but we finally made it and have our date set!

It looks like Asher got pretty spoiled. He's so handsome. I think he's a good mix between you and Jeremy. I see both of you in him.

Todd and Rikki Smith said...

Asher is such a handsome little guy! I love his little church clothes! I love dressing my boys in clothes like that. They jsut look so handsome. I love all your baby pics you had taken! YOu are gorgeous and your have such a cute family!!