
As a young girl I always loved when it was Fast Sunday especially when there were baby blessings. I would get excited to see them lift the little bundle of joy and show them to the congregation. Today was my first experience as a mother of a child being blessed.

Sweet little Asher Ray was given a name and a blessing today by my dad, Steven W. Steenblik. It was such a beautiful blessing with a tremendous amount of love. There were many things that stood out in my heart that my dad blessed Asher with, but just to name a few:

There are so many wonderful things that my dad said in Asher's blessings that brought tears to my eyes. I am so grateful to my father for that sweet blessing. I love you dad!

As a mother, I bore my testimony and vocally expressed my appreciation to my Father in Heaven for our "Mighty Miracle." Mighty in size . . . and most definitely a MIRACLE! I also expressed sincere gratitude for the love and support we have received and continue to be blessed with from all of our family and friends. Lastly, I bore witness that the Lord knows each of us and our limits. If someone would have told me a year ago what I would experience in 2008, I would have thought I couldn't do the things which I have gone through. But I have grown from each moment and feel stronger and closer to the Lord than ever before.

Following our meeting, we met back at my parent's home in American Fork where we enjoyed soups, salads, bread, and deserts among our loved ones. Thanks so much to my mom and dad for allowing us to use their beautiful home. Mom, you always make people feel warm and welcome. I appreciate your hard work in getting the house ready for our Special Day! We are so blessed!

Sweet little Asher Ray was given a name and a blessing today by my dad, Steven W. Steenblik. It was such a beautiful blessing with a tremendous amount of love. There were many things that stood out in my heart that my dad blessed Asher with, but just to name a few:
- To be humble
- To have a Prosperous life
- To obey and live the commandments
- To have compassion on human kind
- To unite his parents as one
There are so many wonderful things that my dad said in Asher's blessings that brought tears to my eyes. I am so grateful to my father for that sweet blessing. I love you dad!
As a mother, I bore my testimony and vocally expressed my appreciation to my Father in Heaven for our "Mighty Miracle." Mighty in size . . . and most definitely a MIRACLE! I also expressed sincere gratitude for the love and support we have received and continue to be blessed with from all of our family and friends. Lastly, I bore witness that the Lord knows each of us and our limits. If someone would have told me a year ago what I would experience in 2008, I would have thought I couldn't do the things which I have gone through. But I have grown from each moment and feel stronger and closer to the Lord than ever before.
Following our meeting, we met back at my parent's home in American Fork where we enjoyed soups, salads, bread, and deserts among our loved ones. Thanks so much to my mom and dad for allowing us to use their beautiful home. Mom, you always make people feel warm and welcome. I appreciate your hard work in getting the house ready for our Special Day! We are so blessed!



5 comments:
Welcome to the blogging world Lindsay! You're blog is super cute. Congrats on Asher's blessing!
He looked adorable!! Wish I could've been there. I bet it was such a great day!
oh my goodness he is so big!!! So cute you guys. I loveyour blog. Be sure to check out ours.
brandonandrachel.blogspot
Congrats on the new step forward... welcome to the blogging world!
What a wonderful day it was! Those pictures are the best smiles I've seen on Asher yet. What a handsome boy. It was so nice of your parents to open up their house to everyone. Definitely a day to remember!
Oh my goodness.. look at his cute outfit! Awww! I love your parents. I bet they don't spoil him ONE BIT huh? ha ha
Post a Comment