Saturday, January 10, 2009

Marley and Me . . . Asher and I!

As a new mom, everyday brings a NEW adventure. But I have promised myself that I would try NEW things and if they didn't work out . . . then I won't do it again. So . . . my mom and I decided to go see a movie. And of course, Asher was coming with. Now this was going to be something NEW and daring!

After reviewing our options of what movies we wanted to see, we then had to make a list of different qualifications for each movie. These qualifications included . . .

What time it started?
Asher takes a good nap between 2:00 - 4:00.

Who was the target audience?
I didn't want to be at a serious movie for adults . . . with a fussy baby.

What was the total running time?
Little Asher Ray still eats every 3 hours.

Finally . . . the results were in . . . and the best choice for us was to go see the movie, "Marley and Me." It was showing at 1:40, with a family friendly target audience and 115 minute total running time! PERFECT!

So . . . I am sure you are wondering how the NEW adventure went. Well I am happy to report that Asher slept through the entire movie, until . . . the last 15 minutes of the movie, and at that exact moment NOT one sound was being made in the audience nor coming from the screen! :)
But all in all . . . I couldn't have asked for a better time. I was able to enjoy myself, the movie and realize what a large part pets play in our mortal existance. They teach us to love, forgive, laugh and to always enjoy the journey. I love both my dogs that I grew up with, PATCHES and PUNKY! I dedicate this blog to you . . . You've taught me a lot.

1 comment:

Karen said...

I loved that movie, except for the end - had to wipe away a few tears. Glad Asher was a good little boy. Don't forget his other grandma is glad to watch him anytime. Just give me a call!