Friday, January 16, 2009

Week in review . . .

As you can see . . . I didn't blog EVERY DAY.
But I'm doing a blog for EVERY DAY this week.
Does that count?
Sure! . . . Why not?


Monday
Jeremy began a very treturous drive from Liberal, Kansas to Orem, Utah beginning at 4:00 this morning. He saw accidents along the way, lots of snow and experienced icy road conditions through Colorado and Wyoming. After 15 hours of straight driving . . . He finally arose home at 9:00 this evening. We are grateful for his safe arrival and are glad to have him home.


Tuesday

The newest season of American Idol began today. My good friend and neighbor, Danielle, decided that we should get together every Tuesday night and eat some dinner and watch American Idol. Well . . . It was just Danielle and I, because both of our husbands had other responsibilities this week. But I was totally thrilled for this exciting night. So . . . I prepared some french toast, bacon and an orange julius for us to enjoy before we began to watch the first episode. But little Asher wasn't so keen on this idea of watching American Idol. Instead he wanted to fuss, have a bath, feed and fuss some more. (Welcome to the world of motherhood, right?) Well sweet Danielle put the show on pause SO many times, helped me bathe the little guy and was patient through it all! Thanks Danielle. I look forward to next week!


Wednesday

Recently I have been recording Oprah and then watching it when I have time. This last week she televised her "Live your BEST life week." Each day she talked about a different area of life that each one of us should focus on and find balance with. These areas are:
Fitness and Weight
Overall Health
Spiritual Well Being
Finacially Fit
Relationships, Intimacy and Sex
So today, I signed up online for the FREE web telecast for Thursday and Friday. I hope I get more of my questions answered and increase my knowledge in a few of these areas.


Thursday

Have you ever been to Gymboree on the first day that GYMBUCKS can be redeemed? If not, like I said to a woman in the store, "If you don't have to be here today, I wouldn't!" Welcome to a crazy zoo where women bring their HUGE strollers, ALL their children, and their husband's credit cards!
For me, I check out the website a few days before, so I can browse through the latest collections, put myself on a budget and figure out the total cost of the clothing that I am wanting to purchase.
Then . . . today I headed to the store, found my sizes in the clothing that I wanted, stuck to my budget and got anxiety for the women who were spending hundreds of dollars in clothing that their children were going to outgrow too quickly!
And of course . . . These outfits couldn't be complete without a matching HAT!
There's a quick peek at the darling outfits little Asher will be sporting this summer!


Friday

Finally . . . Here we are today, Friday! One of my mom's best friends and mine too, Liesl, had her gall bladder removed yesterday after years of having a hard time eating and not enjoying food at all. So . . . what better thing to do than go visit her today and wish her a fast recovery and to GET WELL SOON! We enjoyed talking to her and her teenage daughter Melissa. It was fun to chat and spend the afternoon with people that you care about.

Well . . . to all my blog followers . . . I apologize for not blogging EVERY DAY. But I hope this makes up for it! An entire week ALL in one day!
Whew . . . Now I'm tired.

1 comment:

Julie Pia said...

I bet you're exhausted. Way to go girl.

I was thinking about you last night and I thought if you just took a picture of Ash everyday and put it on your blog, I'd be happy! He's so sweet and I don't really get to see him. You could take bath pictures and sleeping pictures and anything with his face in it.

Glad you're back to the blog. It's fun to hear what you have to say! loves...