Sunday, January 25, 2009

I know . . . it's been a month!


Today is January 25th . . . which means exactly one month ago today was:
CHRISTMAS!

Christmas is my favorite holiday of the year. Each year I look forward to the decorating (which takes days to put up and take down), the traditions and most importantly celebrating the birth of our Savior, Jesus Christ.

Beginning with decorating, I thought I would share with you a few pictures of what our home looked like right after Santa dropped off the gifts. We heard him on the rooftop, tried to snap a picture of him, but before we knew it . . . he was gone in a flash.


When trying to be frugal, stocking holders seemed like a "want" item, not a "need." So we came up with this creative and fun idea!


Jer was such a trooper. I wanted to set up all the decorations before he had to leave town for 10 days. So . . . we began setting up the tree. The top half of the tree didn't light up, so we returned it for a new one. Once we got the new tree all aligned . . . the top of this tree wouldn't stay on all the time. So we returned it for ANOTHER new one.
Third time's the charm . . . It works!


Traditions are the BEST part of Christmas if you ask me. Growing up, I remember looking forward to each day during the month of December. December is a busy month, but I enjoy taking the time to celebrate the season.

One of my most treasured traditions is going to get pictures with Santa EVERY year from the time I was 3 months old till I was 18 years old!
(Except for one year when I was 16 and my brother was 15. He thought he was way too COOL to have his picture taken with St. Nick.)


Well . . . being married and having a baby is NO exception to the rule. So we took Asher to get his picture with Santa. Santa was so kind, he fixed Asher's little sweater, pulled down his pants, and smiled for the camera. Asher looked picture perfect as he flashed his cute little dimpled grin. Jeremy wasn't so fond of this "tradition," but he stepped in one picture so that my mom could document this on our camera!


We enjoyed many other tradions including:
  • Christmas Pillowcases
  • Christmas PJ's
  • Christmas Ornaments
  • Radco Ornaments (a generous gift from Mimi and Papa)
  • Christmas Concert (Kurt Bestor with Mimi and Papa)
  • Christmas Eve Dinner (Delicious)
  • New Christmas Books (Asher loved them)
  • A New Nativity (It's absolutely beautiful)
  • Lots and Lots of fun and memorable moments with FAMILY

Finally . . . It was Christmas morning. We enjoyed spending time together as our little family, opening gifts and enjoying our fake fire burning in the background.
(Thanks to Comcast On Demand)


Asher loved his new toys, hat, clothes and even enjoyed some of his new books as Daddy read them aloud to him.


We were blessed to have been able to spend the rest of the day with FAMILY. Family is such a large part of our lives and we just want to express our appreciation for your love and support. We enjoyed the wonderful gifts, but more importantly we will always treasure the time we spend with you. We love you!


Although Asher didn't really understand what was going on, he did know that something was different about that day. Yes, he did get lots of gifts, but I hope to teach him as he grows that the most important part of Christmas is CHRIST!

We are so grateful for the birth and atoning sacrifice of our Savior and Redeemer. May we pattern our lives after his example always.

3 comments:

Julie Pia said...

You said it sister. What a great post. I love the pictures. Looks like you had a great Christmas. I love your new background.....so pretty!

Kelsey, Greg, and Olivia said...

Linds, I didn't know you had a blog. I'm so glad I found it! It looks like you had such a good holiday! Your house looks so cute and little asher is just darling. He and Liv need to play! By the way, we still need to do lunch!

Karen said...

I'm glad to see your decorations since we didn't make it over to see them. Your tree is beautiful and next year Asher will understand a little more what's going on. Glad your first Christmas together was such a memorable one!