Asher LOVES bath time. He thinks it's so much fun!
In the beginning, as he laid on a towel that was placed atop a cold granite counter top and was given a sponge bath, all he would do is cry. But finally . . . after 27 days of life, his umbilical chord stump FINALLY fell off.
(That is a long time. Our doctor said the longest one of his patients has had it still attached is 67 days.)
It was time to give Asher his FIRST "real" bath. As we filled the bath with warm water, and placed him in the tub, we were surprised . . . not a whimper, nor a cry. So we let him enjoy this time of evening, washed his little body, and then pulled him out of the tub. That is when he started to cry . . . not just a little cry, but he began to cry HYSTERICALLY. So as the days past, we just began to brace ourselves for this cry every night. Without fail, he cried and cried and cried.
He has funny little behaviors that he does each and every bath. Starting with, the water. When we turn the faucet on, he face lights up, he stops fussing and starts kicking his feet as fast as he can. Then we place him inside the tub, and instantly both of his fists go right up by his chin, and he looks at us so seriously. And but a few seconds later . . . old faithful will erupt! :) Bath time has officially began. He LOVES to place his feet under the faucet as the warm water continues to fill up his bath. (I must say, he is a pretty smart little boy to figure out that warm water is coming from that source.) And then it's time to get him out of the tub. Drum roll please . . . no crying occurs. As he has grown, he's learned that bath time occurs every evening at about 8:00.
So he flashes us a smile of appreciation and
can't wait till tomorrow!



5 comments:
What a sweet little boy! I love the bath pictures. Especially the last one where he's so content. What a little chub, I love it!
Brayden loves his bathtime too! It was always so fun UNTIL he learned how to splash, now its basically like I took a bath in my clothes! :) Brayden also hears when I turn on the faucet, and gets all excited too :) Now he just stands by the side of the tub and watches me fill it up....the joys. :)
It looks like you guys are doing good! Your little boy is so stinking darling. I get really jealous when I look at all the cute pictures of him. I can't wait to have my little girl!
He is a little doll. My Chloe used to cry getting in and out of the tub. Eventually she got used to the routine and now...not a peep! Your blog is really cute and I LOVE the name, Asher.
I love the 1st picture of him in his robe. He gets cuter and cuter. Glad you placed his washcloth in a strategic place - he'll appreciate that later on!
Post a Comment