Thursday, January 8, 2009

Have you ever heard of Betsey Johnson?


Some of you may be scratching at your heads, asking yourself who she is, or how you have heard her name before. Well let me give you a little bit about her bio . . .

Betsey Johnson has built her long-lasting career in fashion by following her own set of rules. Known for her celebration of the exuberant, the embellished, and the over the top, Betsey has been rocking the fashion industry with her unique and original designs since the 1960.


Now . . . I bet you are wondering why I am taking the time to blog about some "crazy" fashion designer. Because . . . one of my childhood friends, Elise, is going to be rubbing shoulders with this infamous woman for the next 3 months.


Elise has taken classes in fashion designing over the past few years and has mastered her skills at sewing and designing. I have had the opportunity to model for her and show off her amazing skills and talents. A few months back, Elise decided to apply for an internship with Betsey Johnson. And what do you know, but after a very tedious and strenuous process . . . Elise is on her way to the Big Apple on Monday.


So to celebrate this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity, we gathered as mothers, daughters and good friends to enjoy some delicious food and tasty talk! Each one of these duos have played a giant part in my life . . . just by being my friends!

Natalie and Carolyn

Mel and Elise

Jenni and Jayne

My dad was very thoughtful and volunteered to watch Asher so that my mom and I could enjoy some time alone with "the girls." (Now I wasn't hesitant about this, until we were pulling away and I noticed that the BCS Championship Bowl Game was on TV. Then I began to panic. Reminding my dad that he was watching Asher, not the Game!) It was so enjoyable to just sit, laugh and talk with people that I don't get to be with too often . . . all while sitting next to my best friend, my mom!


Elise, we wish you the very BEST of luck. You will do an awesome job, and we know you will treasure this experience forever. Who knows . . . this may open so many doors for you. . . you may just become the newest Bestey Johnson.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love your blog!! I love all the pictures and all the blog info and especially that recipe that is one of my favorites! Thanks for setting up such a cute segment on our Mother/Daughter Ladies Night Out. I posted pictures of it on my Facebook page! I need some lessons so I can get a blog going for Elise so we can all stay posted on the exciting happenings in the fashion world! When she makes it big she can have us all come and visit and you can model for her again! That would be fun!! A huge Ladies Weekend Mother and Daughter style in New York that would be a riot!!
Love you guys!!
Mel

Sarah said...

That's so fun. Betsy Johnson is one of my favs. I swear that's where all of my favorite dresses and jackets are from. So girly and unique! Good for you friend, I bet it's been a blast...I've been to a couple of her fashion shows, they are always the most fun.