Sunday, January 11, 2009

Just trying to do what's right!


Taking a baby to church is a LOT of hard work. But I had NO IDEA how difficult it would be to take Asher to stake conference . . . by myself. It started off fantastic. He was fed, clean and ready for church by 9:00. I just needed to pull myself (and my house) together by 9:45. Well . . . to my surprise. . . It happened. I was ready, he was ready and even in his car seat without any tears . . . all by 9:45.


Once we were at the church building. I found my good friends, Clayton and Danielle. We sat next to them and the meeting began. The choir began singing . . . and I think that is the ONLY part of the meeting I saw! Asher began to fuss during the prayer, so I thought I would carry him out into the foyer to see if I could get him to fall asleep. Well . . . it wasn't but 5 minutes later that I realize he was messy. So I trample my way through the congregation, grab a diaper, wipes and changing pad . . . and maneuver my way to the restroom.


Finally, I thought we had it all under control. But no sooner he was REALLY starting to fuss. Now . . . I knew it was nap time. He finally gave in and fell fast asleep. I walked back to my seat and enjoyed about 25 minutes of a talk. It felt good just to be sitting. Deep sigh!


Oh no . . . I feel Asher Ray squirming in my hands and i realize that it's been EXACTLY 3 hours since his last feeding. I flash Danielle a smile and say, "I'll be back." Well feeding isn't exactly the fastest thing around. No . . . actually it takes about 40 minutes from start to finish. And the current time was 11:20. So if I do my math correct. The conclusion of the meeting would end at the exact moment that Asher would be done eating. And that is how it happened!


As I left the building, I had to laugh . . . cause I don't really know what they talked about, what songs were sung, or who gave the prayers. But I knew. . .
Asher and I were just trying to do what's right!

3 comments:

Ashley and Cody said...

Lindsay it's Ashley(Smith)Nielson. Your blog is so cute. My brothers and sisters and I all have blogs so if you want to check our out you will have to email me at ashleyannnielson@gmail.com to get an invite. Blogging is so fun and I love seeing pictures!!

Julie Pia said...

ooh....cute dress.

I can't believe how big Asher is getting. He looks even bigger from the blessing. Try not to blink or you might miss something.

Hope you're doing well. When does Jer come home??

Karen said...

I think that's his best color yet. It totally brings out his eyes. He's so cute, I could just eat him up.