Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Legally . . . BRUNETTE!


Drum roll please. . . I am really and truly a BRUNETTE!
I can't believe I actually did it, but I did.

Don't believe me! Well lets look at me before. This picture was taken at the beginning of December. Asher was almost 2 months old and I am BLONDE as can be.
See . . .


And today . . . Not so much! I am truly a BRUNETTE. Asher is nearly 3 months old. (He will have his 3 month old birthday on Friday!)
Look at how much both of us have changed in one month . . .


So . . . What do ya think? You like it? Not so much?
None of that really matters to me. What I can't get over is that I really did it. I changed my hair color after 21 years of existence and always being known as a BLONDE. But I want you to know that I didn't just wake up this morning and decide that I should change my appearance. No . . . this has been a process that began while I was pregnant with Asher. I wanted to cut my hair SO short when I was about 6 months pregnant with little Asher Ray. But Jeremy insisted that I don't do anything drastic. Instead, he suggested that I cut bangs. So I did. I enjoyed my bangs, but wanted something new.

Well . . . my new trend was outgrown roots that were absolutely disgusting. Finally, after waiting too long to call my wonderful beautician, I made an appointment. I began debating with the idea of changing my hair color. So I began looking at pictures on the internet, printed some, and just went with it. I figured . . . it's NOT permanent.


Jenna, my beautician, did an excellent job creating a NEW me! I am loving this new color and at the same time trying to get used to it. I don't know how long I will be this color, maybe just for winter . . . but as for now. . . it's fantastic!

Speaking of a NEW me . . . Changing your hair color also changes what color clothes look best on you and most importantly . . . your makeup! So . . . not only do I have new hair, but also a new collection of colors for me to choose from in regards to my makeup. I decided to go to the Bare Minerals counter in Nordstroms to look at some colors.

I have worn Bare Minerals foundation for about 4 years. I love how my skin APPEARS to be flawless, how light it is on my face and that it doesn't cause me to break out! (That is a result of stress!) So . . . I went to the counter and began speaking with a consultant. After a few minutes, I was tossed into a chair and moments later had new and vibrant colors brushed onto my face. I loved them and bought them!

But none of this could have happened today if it wasn't for my wonderful MOM! She is the greatest. She entertained Asher while I got my hair done (which took nearly 3 hours), distracted Asher while I got my makeup done (which took another half hour), and was excited for me as I made this BIG change in appearance. She too got her hair done and a makeover. She looks absolutely amazing with beautiful hair and a gorgeous face!
Thanks . . .


After enduring all of this girly stuff, Asher was WORN OUT!
Sweet dreams Asher!
I love you!
(Notice his cute PJ's . . . Courtesy of Santa Claus)


10 comments:

Ash & Paul said...

So you finally went for it huh? Awesome. Looks great! You can pull off blonde and brunette! :) and I have always wanted to try out that Bare Minerals foundation....and I can see you recommend it :) Fun stuff, dont you just love changing your hair?! I have enjoyed reading your blog every day! Your little home is beautiful too! It made me wanna decorate my apartment more! :) Have a great day!

Angela said...

Hey Lindsey! It's been a while . . .since high school! It looks like we both married great guys and both have adorable baby boys! Mine is now a huge chunk as he is 15 months already, but will always be my baby. Anyways, through Facebook I found your blog and it looks like you've been having lots of fun with it! I enjoy my family blog too, but can't quite do it as often as once a day ;) so great job! There really should be something great in each day to share, so in that way you've inspired me to look for more things. Well Congrats on your little guy, he's adorable, and have fun with the blog. I'm sure I'll be checkin' in once in a while. Our blog is: liddlefamilymoments.blogspot.com. Have a great day!

Kanani said...

Linds! I love your hair!! It brings out your eyes! Asher is so big and so cute! ps. i love your blog :)my blog is shannonkananiroberts@blogspot.com

Julie Pia said...

You little HOT MOMMA! It looks fabulous. I think it really brings out your skin and eyes. I'm glad you made a change. Sometimes that's what helps us moms endure these long Utah winters. You look great!

loves...

Brad & Donna said...

Linds...I LOVE it! You are darling and you look amazing!! It's kind of fun not being Blonde all of the time, huh!

Abbie said...

Looks cute Lindsay! Love it!

Hannah Goodrich said...

Wow!! You look so beautiful! You always do, but isn't dark hair such a fun change? I dyed mine not too long ago and have loved the change!! I'm so happy to see that you have a blog and will look forward to reading it!

Karen said...

You are gorgeous either way, but I was surprised at how much different you look. It is fun to have a change. Has Jer seen it and does he like it? If he complains, just tell him he doesn't have his hair the way you like, so you're even! I'm watching the weather and it will be 66 tomorrow. Can't feel too sorry for him.

Jessnewman said...

wow, I love your new hair! Sweep bangs look good on you :) and you're baby is adorable! Congrats!

Jamie said...

I love the new do! I finally checked out your blog...no offense, I haven't been blogging or facebooking much lately...busy busy busy! But very cute and I look forward to checking it more often! Ours in jakeandjamie.blogspot.com