
Studio 5 is one of my favorite TV shows. Not only is it fun, local and entertaining But it is very informative. Today while watching Studio 5 (my morning coffee), I learned that. . .
January is
National Soup Month!
Who would have known? Not me. So today, I have decided to give you a little bit of the history behind SOUP. Soup has been so popular throughout time that it is actually considered one of the FIRST FAST FOODS. As early as 600 BC, the Greeks have been documented as selling soup on the streets as a fast food. Before there was soup, there was broth, which people used to pour over a piece of bread in the bottom of a bowl. This was known as "sop" . . . and from "sop" . . . came the word, "SOUP."

The most recognized soup company in the world is Campbell Soup Company. Founded originally in 1869 by Joseph A. Campbell. This corporation became a household name after the owner reluctantly hired his nephew, Dr. John T. Dorrance, who invented the idea of "CONDENSED SOUP." By eliminating the water in canned soup, he lowered the cost of packing, shipping and storage.
Well . . . enough of history.
I would like to share with you two of my top picks of soup that I enjoy frequently.
First, from Chili's Bar and Grill Restaurant -
Broccoli Cheese Soup

This soup has a creamy texture, lots of broccoli, loads of cheese and a great kick of flavor. Only one word of caution . . . Sometimes they don't serve it HOT enough. So I always request that they reheat it right before they bring it to the table.
(This is usually my choice when we go out to dinner, but not lately, for they say that eating broccoli can cause upset tummies in little babes!)
Next, from the home of Steven and Michele Steenblik -
Taco Soup

Taco soup is sort of like a stew, kind of like a soup, and similar to chili. But there is nothing as good as a bowl of hot Taco soup served with crushed tortilla strips and cheese on top.
Well . . . I hope to celebrate January with consuming LOTS of delicious soups. Savoring my favorites and trying something new!



3 comments:
I love that show as well! But being out here in bamaville I cannot watch it :( I used to watch that show religiously when I lived in Utah!
I also love chili's broccoli cheese soup. It's so different from any other I've tried. It sounds so good right now.
I'll have to make a bunch of soup for National soup month. I'm all about participating in things like this.
Thanks
Hey Linds,
I just want to let you know the only reason I'm blogging so much is because I've had sick kids all week. Blogging is the only thing keeping my sanity in check right now between the massive loads of laundry, throw up and runny noses.
I think blogging is actually therapeutic for me, but I don't know if I couldn've done it with babies. You're in a totally different/hard stage of life.
I say, "good for you for even trying". Your blog is darling and so much fun to read. keep it up, you won't regret it, but remember....Asher is more important than any dumb/cute blog.
Loves...
Post a Comment